Friday, July 30, 2010

Have I Mentioned the Tapas?

A cabdriver in Madrid told Ed that we should travel north because the food is better. This wasn't universally true but we did have some excellent meals at the end of our trip. San Sebastian took tapas to another level and its Old Town is just filled with bar after bar with all kinds of tapas. Fancy post-modern tapas on long sticks, old-school tortilla espaniola tapas, mayo-heavy seafood salad tapas, grilled meat tapas, pisto-style tapas, and of course the ubiquitous pepper tapas.

After a hike up one of the hills to get a better view of the city, its islands, and the ocean, we went on a tapas tour with a hot chocolate + churro stop as well. I haven't taken many photos of the food in Spain. I keep forgetting as I cut up/disassemble foods for the kids. But I remembered in San Sebastian so perhaps the cab driver was right after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment