Monday, August 9, 2010

Back in the U.S.A., Part 4

The road (81 and then 78) from Harrisburg to New Jersey is filled with rolling hills, pretty barns (some Amish), and hilarious billboards. It seemed only fair to blog the countryside just as we did in Spain...

I had to google Keith Stone and it turns out he's an "average man" pitchman for Keystone Light, the official beer of the Nascar Camping World Truck Series (whatever that is) http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/2010/04/keystone-light-spokesman-is-highly-smooth.html. I wonder if everyone else driving this road knows who he is. Cracker Barrel's new campaign--Dinner By Lamplight-- made us laugh out loud. And then we came to the billboards for Roadside America which made me jump to attention as I desperately wanted a photo of this miniature museum which I LOVED as a child. We didn't stop--I didn't want to be disappointed in case nostalgia has clouded my memories of its world-famous delights. And right next door is a Pennsylvania Dutch Gift Haus. Maybe next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment